Frequently Asked Questions
You have questions. We have answers.
1. What time is your Sunday worship service and where are you located?
The worship service is an hour and fifteen minutes, starting at 10:00AM. We are located at 5425 Martindale Rd, Shawnee, KS 66218
2. What can I expect as a first time guest?
If you come before 10:00AM, you will have the opportunity to speak with church leadership, volunteers, and other church attendees while enjoying a cup of complimentary coffee. We will start the service with worship, followed by a short offering message and an opportunity to give. There is never any pressure to give. After the offering message, Pastor Max will teach a grace based, clear, and biblical message with real life application. Following the message Pastor Max will extend an invitation to anyone that desires to receive prayer. Following the service there is more opportunity to fellowship. If you enjoy the service and would like to get more involved with the church, we have more information for you. (See question 12)
3. What is your style of musical worship?
The musical worship style is contemporary, casual, and will last about 25 minutes.
4. What do you offer for children and teens on Sunday morning?
Child care is provided through the 6th grade. Teens (7th grade and above) will join us in the main service. Every 4th Sunday of the month, the Youth will meet in the multipurpose room after worship for a youth service. Youth also meet every Tuesday from 6:30-8:00pm. Please call for location details.
5. What do you offer for babies and toddlers?
We have an excellent nursery for babies and toddlers. Our Nursery Pastor is a Kindergartner teacher and grandmother and our volunteers have many years experience caring for children.
6. What denomination are you?
We are not affiliated with any particular denomination. Our members have a diverse background and we honor all parts of the body of Christ.
7. Do I have to dress up to attend your worship service?
No. There is no dress code. We want you to come just as you are.
8. How often do you take communion?
Communion will be taken about once per month. Everyone is welcome to take communion with us.
9. What kind of adult education/spiritual growth opportunities do you offer?
Small group bible studies are available. We are also connected to and support Charis Bible College and recommend their local school as well as their online program. Please contact the church if you would like more information.
10. How can I get involved serving in the church?
Attend The Link at Pastor Max and Molly's house, or just talk to the leader of any department. You can also email us questionst at email@example.com
11. Do you offer marriage counseling and other types of counseling?
Yes, if you are interested in counseling, please call the church and we will be happy to assist you.
12. How do I become a member?
We don't have an official membership process. Members are people that support the church with their attendance, giving, and service.
13. Are you affiliated with Charis Bible College?
Yes. Pastors Max & Molly, along with many of the leaders at Charis Church, attended Charis Bible College in Colorado Springs and Woodland Park.
14. Do you perform weddings and funerals?
Yes. We do not have a venue at this time, but we are happy to come to the venue of your choice.
15. How often do you have baptism services?
We have baptism services as needed. If you are interested in being baptized, please call the church.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 3172 Shawnee, KS 66203